Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kenya

I love Kenya and the people of Kenya!!! I have made 3 trips over to the same village and im addicted. These are some pictures of my last trip. (Oct. 2007) Nikki joined me for this trip as well.

So we had a lady that went with us that wanted to teach the women to sew. That way they could sew there own school uniforms and make money rather then having to buy them. This is Mama Fatuma she did so good at it.

This is at the little local clinic. I got to spend a few hours in there with the dr. and watch how they do thing. WOW very interesting!!!


This is baby Zuma his mom was in the sewing class so we got to play with him alot. It was funny the 1st day she brought him all bundled up with like 5 layers and beanie on (it was like 95 with humidity at 80) so we striped him down.

This is before we took his clothes off isnt he just so dang cute!!

So this thing was out in the middle of the field and we figured out that it was there "basketball hoop" its crazy while we were over there we learned that the boys play soccer and the girls play basketball. This picture is Nikki showing them how to do it. I love this picture it was taken at just the right time as the ball was goin through.

This is one of the school that Koins replaced that is actually a wall not the door.

Just a cute group of kids that were chattin with us.

Me and one of the school girls.

This is how all of the babies over there are raised. They are on there mothers back through everything. This lady was helping to do the foundation for the Sean Michael's special needs school. These ladies are AMAZING to say the least.

This little girl was at the SM school with her mom and I was talkin to Nikki and Megan and said that she is so cute I could take her home with us, little did I know our translator was tellin the mom everything I was sayin and asked me if I would please take her, that she would run back to her (grass) hut and pack up her things and be back not to go anywhere that I could take her if I would give her a good life and send her to school. It was so hard to explain to her that I would love to take her but I couldnt. Its crazy that these mothers will do anything to give there kids a better life even if it means they will never see them again.

This is a class room. These kids sit there for 8 hours a day rain or shine and learn. Remember the temperatures get extremely high. e have it so easy here in the states.

This is Nikkis little friend she met at the SM school. They told us that she was mute and that was why she was goin to be attending. Well little did we find out she isnt mute at all. Bret picked her up and started throwing and spinning her around and she started to squeal at the top of her lungs and giggle it was so fun to see that part of her come out. She latched on to Nikki and just snuggled her and wouldnt let her put her down. It was fun to see Nikki interact with her.

3 comments:

Topham Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. How it would be to be like those people over there! :)

Anonymous said...

i had no idea you did that! how did you get into it?? that's so cool. i would LOVE to do something like that! I'm comin' with you next time.. lol

Angie said...

Love the post. Please post like 50 more pictures and tell me everything! That is so neat. I love seeing the pictures of you and Nick with the kids. What an awesome experience.