Wednesday, July 8, 2009

West Fork 4th of July

We took a quick little trip up to the West Fork on the 4th. Growing up it was tradition for the WHOLE Brown side of the family to go up. Its a little sheep herders cabin the my Great Great Grandpa build around 1942. It has a kitchen with a wood burning stove and then two little original rooms. (they have since added one more little room) Me, Nikki, Dad, Diann, Aunt Jackie, Leslie (cousin) and her little boy Hunter crammed in the truck and headed up (6 am). We got up there as everyone was wakin up and had breakfast with them! The best breakfast ever is cooked with no electricity and all on the wood burning stove that was originally put in 67 some years ago.

This is some of the group startin breakfast.

Me, Dad, Diann and my Uncle Mark went on a LONG but AWESOME horse ride.
While on the ride we found this tree that my grandma carved hers and my grandpas name in ALONG time ago. It was so fun to find it. She is amazing she would carve in cursive. (I cant even do it in block letters and have it nice LOL)

On our way back we found my Uncle Joel and grandma on a 4 wheeler ride.

My grandma is SO SO happy when she is up at the West Fork. (she is always happy but EXTRA happy when she is up there)

Here are some of the views just off the road....

I love this picture there is snow but if you look below the snow in the middle of the picture there are yellow flowers. It is also a tradition to find snow banks and sled down them. (we didnt do it this time cause we didnt have time :(





2 comments:

The Painters said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love the pic of Joel and your Grandma! She really is such a happy lady...and I as impressed as you about the writing in cursive on a tree!

Our Family said...

I love horse rides!! That all looked so freakin fun gotta love traditions!!