Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!!

So the day after Christmas I was drivin to work at 6:30 a.m. and my windshield wipers were iced over and I had tried many times to just reach out my window and flip them to get it off (like my dad taught me) It wasnt workin so I decided that I should get out and clean them off before I got on the freeway. I pulled in the Shop Ko parking lot and when I went to get out of my car I shut my finger in the door. It took 3 pulls to get my door opened. When I first looked at my finger it just looked like I had a crease in it and then it started to bleed!! I only had 1 napkin in my car and bled through it in .2 sec. The only place opened that early was Sonic the food place so I pulled up to the window catching the blood in my other hand and the kid came to the window as I was dumping it off my hand. (he was a little shocked, bet he doesnt see that very often) he got me a cup of water and some towels and helped me wrap it and I then drove the rest the way to work. When I got to work Life Flight just happened to be there cause it was snowin. So I had them look at it and they cleaned it out the best they could and told me to go get it stitched up so I did. (first stitches of my life)

This is after they had cleaned it up and gettin ready to do the stitches (it looks amazing in this picture) Thanks for takin pictures Nikki.


My wonderful stitches. There are just 4 of them.
GOAL FOR 2009 NO HOSPITAL VISITS (I have only had 2 in my life and they both were in the last 4 months)

4 comments:

The Painters said...

I've had my finger slammed in a car door before; but it just seriously bruised it...didn't actually break the skin and I know how painful that was, so I can only imagine how painful that must have been!! Good luck with your New Year's goal! Sounds like you are going to need it :)

Topham Family said...

Wow...that totally bites!!! Probably good that you didn't break it too. Hope your goal comes true.

Jamilyn said...

That made me cringe..I think I'm going to be sick! (LOL..I have a weak stomach!)

Calli Fox said...

Hi Nat, Looking at your finger gave me the chills, but I had to laugh a little because I could see that happening to me. It was so good to see you today at the Haskells. I'm glad we are now officially blog buddies instead of stockers. :0 Keep up the posts! Love, Calli